Myrouter.local: Linksyssmartwifi.com Setup
Extend your home Wi-Fi coverage with the myrouter.local wireless router. Linksyssmartwifi.com wireless router gives high-speed and reliable wi-fi coverage to your network. Even the setting up of the Linksys router is straightforward and simple. In this section, you will learn how to set up your router using the smart setup wizard method. How’s here.
Setup using the smart setup wizard method
- First, connect the provided antennas of the router and then plug into the power socket.
Note: If your router comes with the power switch, then press the ON button of the router.
- Then, connect your modem to the router’s internet port using the Ethernet cable.
- Now, open any preferred browser and type http://linksyssmartwifi.com in the URL bar.
- You can also use the IP address 192.168.1.1, or myrouter.local in the address bar.
- Hit the Enter button.
- Again hit the Next button.
- Set your desired Wi-Fi name and password in the required fields.
- Tap on the next option.
- Hereafter, try to connect with the wi-fi and then click on the Next.
- Provide the router password in the Create a router password section and click the Next option again.
- Once the setup completed, you will get a message that your router is successfully setup.
Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Login | myrouter.local Linksys Login
Once the setup process completed, then you need to login to your Linksys wi-fi router. By login to the router, you can also access the router settings. Perform these following simple steps to log in to your Linksys router.
Using the web address
- Open any internet browser on your computer device.
- Type the web address linksyssmartwifi.com in the location bar. In case, the given address not work then use the IP address 192.168.1.1 or http//myrouter.local.
- Meanwhile, a login certification screen will open up.
- Mention your router default login credentials.
- Fill the admin in both the username and password box.
- Press the Enter key.
- Once you logged in, a basic home page will automatically open.
Using the Linksys App
- Foremost, you have to download the Linksys app on your mobile device.
- Download the linksyssmartwifi.com app from the play store.
- After this, try to log in to the linksyssmartwifi.com cloud account.
- Once you completed the cloud login procedure, then open the downloaded app.
- Mention the required email ID that you use for the very first time while creating the cloud account.
- It will prompt you for the login password.
- At last, a login option will display then tap on it.
Why is my linksyssmartswifi.com router not working?
If you are getting the error like myrouter.local not working, then no need to worry, go with these simple troubleshooting steps and settle this error.
- First of all, check that your device correctly connected with the internet connection.
- Make sure your Linksys router connected with the limited devices.
- Delete all the temporary files from your device and also clear the cache or history of your internet browser.
- Verify that you use a correct web address or IP address of your router.
- Further, check that your Linksys router firmware should be updated.
- Try to use the different browser to log in.
- In case all the above troubleshooting steps failed then you have to reset your Linksys Smart wi-fi router.
Reset your Linksys Wi-Fi router | myrouter.local
Sometimes users forget their router’s login password. So in this situation, you can reset your router to its factory default settings. To reset router factory settings, follow these given simple steps.
- Move to your Linksys router and find the reset button.
- Next, take a paper clip or similar object and press the reset button for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Moreover, after pressing the reset button, unplug and re-plug the power adapter of the router.
- And finally, the reset process is complete.
Restore the default factory settings of your router
Proceed with the below-mentioned steps to restore your router’s factory default settings.
- Firstly, log in to your router’s admin page using the web address myrouter.local or 192.168.1.1.
- Tap the Enter button.
- Here, a login screen will open up.
- Fill in the default credentials details.
- Once you enter login details, a basic home page will displays.
- Move to the administration tab, then the factory default tab.
- Select the Restore factory default setting to restore it.
How to change the Linksys router’s username and password?
Linksys Wi-Fi router comes with the default settings. If you want to improve the linksyssmartwifi.com router security, then you need to change the username and password of the router. Go along with these mentioned steps for changing the router’s username and password.
- In the first step, check your internet connection and try to log into your router.
- To login, open any internet browser and enter www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar.
- The login setup page will take you to the login screen.
- Provide the Linksys router login credentials-username and password.
- After, the Administration tab will appear on your device screen.
- Click on the Administration tab.
- Then head to the SSID option under the Management section.
- Now, set the new username and password.
- Finally, tap the Save button to implement the new settings.
How can I update the Firmware of my Linksys Wi-Fi Router?
The router’s firmware is essential to updated regularly to keep the router safe. An updated firmware gives advanced features to the router and also secures the security settings of the router. You can update your router using two methods-manually or automatic. Here, you will learn both methods to update the router’s firmware. Walk-through with these given steps to update your router’s firmware.
- Open the official website of Linksys and download the latest firmware of the router.
- Save the downloaded file to the desktop of your device.
- Get to the web browser on your device, which should connect to the router’s network.
- On the URL bar, type linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1.
- Press the Enter key.
- Further, provide the default credentials of your router.
- Here again, tap the login button.
- Head toward the Administration tab and then Firmware update.
- Hit the browse button.
- Find the downloaded firmware file and upload it.
- After uploading the firmware file, click on the start update option.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete the update process.
- Wait for a few seconds to complete the process.
- In the last step, turn off/on the router.
Steps to automatically update Linksys Router Firmware
- At the start, navigate to the web setup page by accessing the URL www.linksyssmartwifi.com.
- One can also enter the default IP address 192.168.1.1 to access the login page.
- Next, click on the connectivity.
- In the end, move to the basic tab and uncheck the box Automatic under firmware update, then tap on the OK.
Setup Parental control features in Linksys connect | myrouter.local
Parental control is the best feature of the Linksys app. With this feature, you can limit your children’s internet access and also block harmful internet sites from specific devices. Let’s see the setup process of the parental control feature.
Before starting the setup process of parental control, ensure these following points:
- First, your computer device should be connected to the Linksys router using the Ethernet cable.
- The time zone on your Linksys router must be according to your current location time zone.
Steps to Setup parental control feature
- Foremost, open the Linksys connect software on your device.
- Select parental controls from it.
- Thereafter, enter a password in the Parental controls password section and verify the password section also.
- You have to enter a secret question and answer in the required fields.
- After that tap the OK button to confirm.
- Once you save this, then you need to select which device you want to restrict.
- Once again, press the OK button.
- Thus, the setup process completed.
Unable to access the Linksys router using myrouter.local
Are you unable to access the Linksys router setup page using the myrouter.local? Sometimes this issue occurs due to the DNS Hijacking Malware which affecting your computer. To solve this problem, follow the given instruction below.
- Go to your computer device and then set the static DNS values.
- To set the DNS value, right-click on the Network connection.
- Once done, open the Network and Sharing Center.
- Afterward, click on the Change adapter settings.
- Herein, right-click on the Local area connection tab and then hit the Properties option.
Note: In case you are using a wireless connection, then right-click on the Wi-Fi adapter and then Properties.
- Choose Internet Protocol version 4, after that hit the Properties.
- Select the DNS server addresses option.
- Moreover, you have to provide the necessary information in the required fields.
- At End, Scan for malware on your computer device.
Note: Ensure that your device antivirus software is up-to-date.
How do I create a Linksys cloud account? | myrouter.local
Go along with the following instruction to create a Linksys cloud account.
- At first, launch a browser and type linksyssmartwifi.com in the location bar.
- And hit the Enter button to log in.
- Also, tap the Click here link.
- You have to enter the required information and then press on the Create My Account.
- Now, you will receive an email that will prompt you to activate your account.
- Open the email sent from the Linksys mailer.
- To activate the account, tap on the link in the email.
- The link will open a new window of the Linksys Smart wifi page.
- When the account validated, you get the message that the account is now validated.
- Provide the email address and password and then hit the Sign In option.
Deactivate the Linksyssmartwifi.com cloud account
A Linksys Cloud account permits you to manage your wireless router’s settings. If you have old inactive records accounts and want to delete your accounts, then go with these following simple steps.
- Launch any web program and enter www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the URL bar.
- Later, hit the Enter key.
- Directly, sign in by entering your login details such as email id and password.
- On the top right corner of the login page, tap on the My Account.
- From My Account page, click the close account to delete your Linksys cloud record and also clear its relationship to any of your router.